How to Boost Sales on Your Website: 5 Techniques for Guaranteed Success
If you run an e-commerce website, then you understand frustrations of doing all you can to attract customers and increase sales only to achieve nothing. That doesn’t have to be the case though. It’s possible to boost sales on your website, but only if you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and do some work.
Check the five techniques guaranteed to bring you the desired results below.
Before delving any further, it’s worth noting that your efforts will only produce the desired results if you focus on increasing traffic. Find ways of making your site attract more visitors. The more visitors it attracts, the higher your chances of convincing them to buy your products therefore making more sales and increasing your profits.
So, which techniques should you apply?
1. Boost sales on your website by featuring just a few products on the homepage
It may be tempting to want to feature everything you sell on the home page. However, this can overwhelm your visitors and product negative results. Instead, limit the homepage or landing page to a maximum of 3 products. Use the rest of the space to these products and the problems that they solve.
Take Samsung’s website for example (pictured below). They sell hundreds of products, yet they feature just a handful on their homepage and just the one above the fold. This immediately attracts the visitor’s attention straight to the one product they are really trying to sell which is the Galaxy S9. Below this, they have more information about the S9 to really spark the visitor’s interest.
2. Boost sales on your website by using pop-ups
Pop-ups, whilst they are widely seen as being extremely irritating to website visitors, they are an extremely effective way to boost sales. Why? Because they demand your visitor’s attention. They must take action, whether they click the desired button or they click the X to close the pop-up, they have to do something to continue browsing your site. Used properly, pop-ups will improve the conversion rates on your website. Here’s a few tips:
- Have one clear call to action- What do you want your prospect to do? Make this as clear as possible.
- Be selective- Don’t use pop-ups on every page on your website. Ensure the pop-up is relevant to the page your user is on.
- Trigger it at the right time- Don’t trigger your pop-up as soon as someone enters your website. Give users time to look through the page and see the value you are offering.
- Make them easy to close- there’s nothing worse than a pop-up you can’t close. Hiding the exit button is a sure way to increase your bounce rates.
3. Boost sales on your website by using Calls to Action on every piece of content
Let your visitors know what you want them to do next by incorporating a strong call to action on every blog post on your site and make the CTA relevant to the particular page. For example, on our blog posts about lead nurturing and lead generation, we added a CTA to download our free Lead Generation E-books. We had great success in doing this and captured prospect’s contact information at the same time. Neil Patel uses multiple calls to action on his blog posts, in fact he has 3 of the same CTA on one page- at the very top in the centre of the page and twice in the sidebar which gives his visitors 3 chances to complete his call to action.
4. Boost sales on your website by offering a solution to a problem in your copy
The copy or content on your website should focus on the problem you solve for your customers and the solution you provide. Simply listing features and functions of your product is not enough and won’t encourage your prospect to buy. Identify your prospect’s pain points and tell them how you solve their problems in a compelling and engaging way.
5. Boost sales on your website by displaying testimonials
There is no doubt that customer testimonials and reviews influence buyers purchase decisions.
“88% of people trust online reviews written by other consumers as much as they trust recommendations from personal contacts.” (BrightLocal)
Displaying reviews and testionials from your most satisfied customers is a highly effective way of convincing your prospect that you are the right company to buy from.
So, there’s our top 5 tips to boost sales on your website. Put these 5 techniques into practice and see your sales shoot up exponentially!